The Triton College Library is open for the fall semester. We are committed to continuing to support Triton students and faculty in a largely remote learning environment. Please review refer to the information below for updated information on the library's space, resources, and services this semester.
Is the library open this fall?
- Yes! The Triton College Library is open to our campus community for the fall semester. Our current operating hours are listed on the library's homepage. Before coming to the library, please review our Library User Guidelines. We can't wait to see you (from 6 ft. away).
What health & safety practices are being put into place in the library?
- Masks are required while using the library, including in open areas and restrooms.
- Please follow all social distancing guidelines, signage, and floor markers while using the library's space.
- Hand sanitizer is available in multiple locations in the library.
- A limited amount of cleaning supplies are available for library users to clean their areas. Please inquire at the Information Desk.
- Books, magazines, and newspapers will be quarantined for three days between users to ensure the safety of staff and the campus community. Please expect delays in checking out current issues of newspapers and magazines, as well as textbooks and other materials.
How can I contact librarians for research help?
- Librarians will be available to support students and faculty during the library's operating hours. Students and faculty can contact librarians via the library's live chat or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students are encouraged to schedule a virtual research appointment for more in-depth support.
How can I check out a laptop for the semester?
In order to continue to support our students' online learning needs, the library is providing semester-long laptop loans. Laptops will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Enrolled students interested in borrowing a laptop should bring their Triton Student ID or a state-issued ID to the library's Information Desk.
Which library resources can I access at home?
- Off-campus access to eresources is always available! Login to the library's databases at home using your MyTriton Portal username (without @triton.edu) and password.
My book or loanable technology was due while the campus was closed. Will I be fined?
- Library staff will ensure any overdue fines or lost item fines did not accumulate while the campus was closed. Any late fees due to the campus closure will be waived.
- Library books can be returned to the book drop box located near the south entrance of the A building off of Circle Drive or in the drop box at the library's Information Desk. Laptops and other loanable technology should be returned to the library's Information Desk.
As a faculty member, can I request library instruction for my class this fall?
- Librarians are committed to continuing to support students' research in a fully online environment and will be teaching live library instruction via Blackboard Collaborate. If you are interested in scheduling library instruction for your class, please fill out a library instruction request. We look forward to talking through how we can best support your students.
Can I reserve a study room?
- Study rooms will be available to reserve for individual study only. Please contact the Information Desk at email@example.com or ext. 3215 to reserve a room.